In the past few years, artificial grass lawns managed to win a good number of fans for a lot of good reasons including being highly eco-friendly. Yes, it does not need any kind of fertilizers and you really don’t have to waste loads of water on maintenance, also, there is absolutely no need to spend your weekends on mowing them. The latest generation of artificial grass is so close to the natural one when it comes to looks that it is often able to fool a lot of people into thinking that it’s real grass.
Let’s spend some time understanding the various advantages and disadvantages of installing artificial grass:
- Once installed, it requires minimal amount of upkeep and maintenance since there is no need for regular mowing and watering.
- You’re able to save a lot of money on operating your lawns.
- You don’t have to indulge in buying that expensive range of weed killers and fertilizers.
- It proves to be eco-friendly in a manner that you don’t have to waste tons of water on maintaining it.
- It doesn’t need any chemicals to grow or for the protection, so you won’t be using any environmentally hazardous materials.
- No need to spend your weekends on pulling out weeds.
- Artificial grass installed in Peterborough is said to be long-lasting and thus it saves you from the tiresome and expensive process of replanting, which is required with the natural grass.
- Artificial grass is excellent when it comes to drainage. Whenever it rains or you wash it water, the grass will quickly dry up.
- Offering good drainage comes with another benefit of no water clogging or puddling which could annoy you and your guests for days to come.
- If you have kids at home who love playing outdoor sports on the lawn, don’t stop them from doing that. Unlike the natural grass, playing sports will not have any effect on the artificial or synthetic grass.
- No more embarrassment due to a messy lawn. Artificial grass looks perfect and manicured all the time.
- Installing artificial grass can be costly, depending on the size.
- There is a rubber cushion installed beneath the surface which provides smoothness and bounce. This cushion may need re-filling from time to time.
- During summer time, artificially grass can become uncomfortably hot.
- Last but not the least, it cannot offer the same special fragrance of wet earth and freshly cut grass.
Although, there are more advantages than the disadvantages, we advise that people should clear all their doubts and consult our professional team before going for the installation of artificial grass in Peterborough.